|Study location||Italy, Pavia|
|Type||Foundation Year, full-time|
|Nominal duration||9 months|
|Tuition fee||€5,000 one-time|
High school / secondary education (or higher)
At least 11 years of schooling from primary education to graduation at high school.
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English / Italian.
Original version of the secondary school leaving qualification (or a photocopy according to the original version), officially translated into Italian, legalized (or with an “apostille”) together with its corresponding Declaration of Value (DV) issued and validated by the Italian authorities of the country of residence.
Please attach the following documents:
1. A scan of your passport (main page – front cover – back cover);
The Foundation Year is a preparatory course, taught in Italian designed for:
- students who do not meet the minimum 12 years of schooling required for enrollment in an Italian University Degree course;
- students who want to access undergraduate degrees at the University of Pavia;
- students interested in learning Italian or improving their Italian language skills.
The course includes both Italian language classes and preparatory courses from one of the following study areas: (1) Humanities; (2) Science and Medicine; (3) Economics, Law and Politics.
For the academic year 2020-21, you can choose between two available options:
- Foundation Year – residential option: you will attend all courses, both Italian and Area Studies courses live in Pavia from October 2020 until June 2021
- Foundation Year – blended option: you will attend the intensive Italian course online from the October 2020 until February 2021; then you will attend live in Pavia the Italian language course and the area study preparatory courses from March until June 2021.
Students who pass the Foundation year final exams will:
- meet the minimum entry requirements for undergraduate study at the University of Pavia
- be exempted from the Italian Proficiency University admission test
Please note that students applying to degrees with limited enrollment must still take the admission test.
- 420 hours of Italian language and Culture course (three levels available: beginner, low intermediate and high intermediate)
- 300 hours of Area Study courses taught in Italian
Students can choose one of the following AREA STUDY:
History of Art and Archaeology
Ancient and Medieval History
2. SCIENCES AND MEDICINE
3. ECONOMICS, LAW AND POLITICS
Foundation Year courses will start on the 19th of October 2020. Italian courses will run from:
the 19th of October 2020 until 26th of February 2021 (first part)
the 1st of March until the 18th of June 2021 (second part)
Residential Area study preparatory courses will run from the 1st of March 2021 until the 18th of June 2021.
You can choose between:
- Blended option: which includes 50% online learning (19th October 2020 – 26th February 2021) and 50% face-to face live in Pavia learning (1st March 2021- 19th June 2021)
- Residential option: which includes live classes in Pavia for all courses from the 19th of October until the 19th of June 2021
Application results will be available within 4 weeks from the candidate's submission.