|Luogo di studio||Italia, Pavia|
|Tipo||Foundation Year, full-time|
|Durata nominale||9 months|
|Lingua di studio||italiano|
|Tassa scolastica||5.000 € una tantum|
|Qualifiche di accesso||
Formazione superiore di secondo grado
Titolo conseguito con almeno 11 anni di scolarità.
I documenti di studio sono accettati nelle seguenti lingue: inglese / italiano.
Lo studente dovrà portare con se il diploma originale di scuola superiore (o una fotocopia), ufficialmente tradotto in italiano e legalizzato (o con “apostille”) insieme alla corrispondente Dichiarazione di valore (DV) rilasciata e validata dalle autorità italiane del paese di residenza.
Please attach the following documents:
1. A scan of your passport (main page – front cover – back cover);
The Foundation Year is a preparatory course, taught in Italian designed for:
- students who do not meet the minimum 12 years of schooling required for enrollment in an Italian University Degree course;
- students who want to access undergraduate degrees at the University of Pavia;
- students interested in learning Italian or improving their Italian language skills.
The course includes both Italian language classes and preparatory courses from one of the following study areas: (1) Humanities; (2) Science and Medicine; (3) Economics, Law and Politics.
For the academic year 2021-2022, you can choose between two available options:
- Foundation Year – residential option: you will attend all courses, both Italian and Area Studies courses live in Pavia from October 2021 until June 2022
- Foundation Year – blended option: you will attend the intensive Italian course online from the October 2021 until February 2022; then you will attend live in Pavia the Italian language course and the area study preparatory courses from March until June 2022.
- Foundation Year – online option: you will attend all courses, both Italian and Area Studies classes entirely online from October 2021 until June 2022
*The in-person options will take place only if the sanitary conditions will be favorable and allow for in-person lessons. On the contrary, the program will be held entirely online, without any possibility of reimbursement or reductions of the tuition fees.
Students who pass the Foundation year final exams will:
- meet the minimum entry requirements for undergraduate study at the University of Pavia
- be exempted from the Italian Proficiency University admission test
Please note that students applying to degrees with limited enrollment must still take the admission test.
Struttura del programma
- 650 hours of Italian language and Culture course (three levels available: beginner, low intermediate and high intermediate)
- 300 hours of Area Study courses taught in Italian
Students can choose one of the following AREA STUDY:
History of Art and Archaeology
Ancient and Medieval History
2. SCIENCES AND MEDICINE
3. ECONOMICS, LAW AND POLITICS
Foundation Year courses will start on the 18th of October 2021. Italian courses will run from:
the 18th of October 2021 to 17th of June 2022.
Area study preparatory courses will run from mid-February 2022 until the 17th of June 2022.
You can choose between:
- Blended option: which includes 50% online learning (18th October 2021 – mid-February 2022) and 50% face-to face live in Pavia learning (mid-February 2022- 17h June 2022)
- Residential option: which includes live classes in Pavia for all courses from the 18th of October 2021 until the 17th of June 2022
- Online option: which includes online courses, both Italian and Area Studies classes entirely online from October 2021 until June 2022
The in-person options will take place only if the sanitary conditions will be favorable and allow for in-person lessons. On the contrary, the program will be held entirely online, without any possibility of reimbursement or reductions of the tuition fees.
Application results will be available within 4 weeks from the candidate's submission.