|Study location||Italy, Pavia|
|Nominal duration||2 anni (120 ECTS)|
|Tuition fee||€4,500.00 per year
Tuition fee for non-EU students who enter Italy with a study visa is based on flat rate and depends on the citizenship.
|Application fee||€35.00 one-time|
Undergraduate diploma (or higher)
Terms and conditions to access to the Degree Course in Biotecnologie Avanzate are indicated in the annual ANNOUNCEMENT to the Course.
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: Italian.
You must take the original entry qualification documents along with you when you finally go to the university.
If you are a non European student residing abroad, you need to do a pre-enrollment via Italian Consulate and start the visa procedures. The official admission at the University of Pavia will be possible only after you will have done this pre-enrollment. Please get in contact with the Italian authority in your country as soon as possible (deadline 24 July).
Non-eu students residing abroad who would like to enroll in a study course completely taught in Italian, have to prove their knowledge of the language through an Italian language test.
The following are excluded from this obligation:
For further information, consult the “Pavia Linguistic Center website”: http: //cla.unipv.it/? Page_id = 179.
Please attach the following documents during your application procedure:
The Master’s Degree Program in “Biotecnologie Avanzate” aims to prepare experts with advanced scientific and professional skills, with a strong interdisciplinary connotation, in the various areas of interest of biotechnologies, in the various industrial sectors of applied research for fine chemistry, for the enzymology and cellular and molecular biology and for the agro-industrial and food sectors.
Graduates in this course will be professionals with a good biological and chemical culture and in particular a thorough knowledge of the structure and properties of biological macromolecules.
Graduates will also be in possession of a high mastery of the techniques of study and manipulation of biological systems of applicative interest.
The students will also acquire adequate knowledge in the various fields of application of biotechnology and the ability to play roles of responsibility in the research, development and management of biotechnological processes.
The knowledge acquired in the course will allow, in particular, graduates in Advanced Biotechnology to carry out activities such as :
- research and development in production fields that require the use of advanced techniques of genetic engineering on cellular systems;
- basic and applied research in public and private structures for the development of methods for the production and exploitation of heterologous proteins, the identification of molecular targets based on the study of genomes (genomics, transcriptomics, proteomics, etc.) and specific molecules able to act on such targets;
- management of production facilities and biological and environmental analysis and control services.
Per il Piano di Studi e ulteriori informazioni consultare questo link
The training in Biotecnologie Avanzate will specifically allow graduates to carry out the following activities:
- Research and development in production fields that require the use and modification for genetic engineering of cells and enzymatic systems and molecular recognition capacity of biomolecules;
- Basic and applied research in public and private structures for the development of methods for the production and exploitation of proteins and enzymes from recombinant DNA, identification of molecular targets based on genomic and metagenomic information (on subsequent elaborations, postgenomics, transcriptomics, proteomics, system biology etc.) and specific molecules able to act on such targets.
The professional fields in which the graduate in the Master’s Degree in Advanced Biotechnology can operate are the following:
- Research activity, fundamental and applied in the chemical and biological fields, in public or private laboratories;
- Activities for the diffusion and development of scientific and technological innovation in the biotechnological field in the most dynamic critical sectors of society, as well as the management and design of molecular technologies with reference to their application implications;
- Educational, dissemination activities aimed at spreading knowledge on biological phenomena and their potential biotechnological applications at all levels;
- The graduates might also teach in schools, once the teaching qualification process has been completed and passed the competitions set by the current legislation.