|Study location||Italy, Pavia|
|Nominal duration||3 anni (180 ECTS)|
|Tuition fee||€4,500.00 per year
Tuition fee for non-EU students who enter Italy with a study visa is based on flat rate and depends on the citizenship.
High school / secondary education (or higher)
High-school diploma awarded after at least 12 years of documented education.
Access to the Degree Course in Scienze Biologiche has a local entry test requirement.
*THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ARE INDICATED IN THE ANNUAL ANNOUNCEMENT TO THE COURSE (consult the section “B) immatricolazione di studenti con titoli di studio conseguiti all’estero”).*
For further information please contact the Welcome Point
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: Italian.
You must take the original entry qualification documents along with you when you finally go to the university.
If you are a non European student residing abroad, you need to do a pre-enrollment via Italian Consulate and start the visa procedures. The official admission at the University of Pavia will be possible only after you will have done this pre-enrollment. Please get in contact with the Italian authority in your country as soon as possible (deadline 24 July).
Non-eu students residing abroad who would like to enroll in a study course completely taught in Italian, have to prove their knowledge of the language through an Italian language test.
The following are excluded from this obligation:
For further information, consult the “Pavia Linguistic Center website”: http: //cla.unipv.it/? Page_id = 179.
The present degree program in “Scienze biologiche” provides a training program that will allow graduates to have adequate basic knowledge in the following areas of life sciences:
- Mathematical, chemical and physical skills, basic disciplines for all scientific degrees and particularly suitable for fostering the maturation of a scientific mentality in the student;
- General biology skills that allow graduates to have broad-spectrum knowledge (from the cell to the great ecosystems) of the biological world;
- Molecular-cellular competences, since it is essential to combine general biological knowledge with a deep knowledge of the molecular mechanisms underlying the functioning of living organisms,
- Human biology skills, in order to strengthen the osmosis between the biological worlds, which studies life in its most varied manifestations, and other cultural areas more specifically addressed to the study of man.
Most courses are common to all students, who can however deepen their knowledge through the inclusion of elective courses chosen from a list of proposals in ecological, environmental, biochemical-biomolecular and biomedical fields.
This Degree Course is above all indicated for the continuation of studies in Master’s Degree courses. This does not exclude the possibility that the graduate, considering his solid basic preparation, can immediately enter the world of work.
Study plan and further information are available at this link
The Degree Course in Scienze Biologiche is aimed at providing a solid and complete technical and scientific basic preparation on the different aspects of the biological world.
The program represents the initial stage of a complete educational path in the biological field that can be pursued through access to a Master’s Degree.
The global training path optimally predisposes towards a continuation of studies in specific areas of Biological Sciences.
The completeness of the basic preparation given in the Biological Sciences course also allows the graduate to access the world of work by becoming a professional figure identified by the ISTAT classification and listed in the A2b framework for specific sectors of Biology.
Possible career opportunities for the graduate in Biological Sciences include:
- Research activities in biological, environmental and biomedical fields both in public and private laboratories;
- Laboratory activities within large industrial companies or small and medium-sized enterprises;
- Analyst activity in biomedical laboratories and environmental control.