|Study location||Italy, Pavia|
|Nominal duration||2 years|
|Tuition fee||€3,500.00 per year
Tuition fee for non-EU students who enter Italy with a study visa is based on flat rate and depends on the citizenship.
|Application fee||€35.00 one-time|
Undergraduate diploma (or higher)
Students should provide evidence that in their 3-year diploma they have acquired the following number of ECTS (in case of students outside the European Union, the equivalent number of hours of study) in these areas:
Economics (i.e. Macro and Micro Economics; Political Economy; Econometrics; Economic History) – 24 ECTS
Quantitative Methods – (exams in Mathematics and Statistics) – 15 ECTS
Business Administration (i.e. Accounting; Management; Finance – 6 ECTS
Law – (i.e. Business Law, Constitutional Law) – 6 ECTS
English language – 6 ECTS (see note below)
Computer science – 3 ECTS
A margin of flexibility is admitted, with respect to the fulfilment of the above minimum curricular requirements, up to a maximum of 10%, or 6 ECTS. This margin may be applied indifferently to only one of the groups of the scientific areas listed above or to more groups, except for the point referring to the English language requirement, which must be always fulfilled.
Note that all students satisfying the above minimal entry requirements (study background and number of study hours) but with a final Bachelor mark lower than 95/110 (after conversion into the Italian grading system) must pass an admission test. With a mark higher than the above threshold admission is direct (no entry test).
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English / Italian.
If the transcript provided by your home school is not in English, you will need to obtain official translations along with verified copies of the original.
You must take the original entry qualification documents along with you when you finally go to the university.
Original documents must be provided at enrollment time once in Pavia.
If you are a non European student residing abroad, you need to do a pre-enrollment via Italian Consulate and start the visa procedures. The official admission at the University of Pavia will be possible only after you will have done this pre-enrollment. Please get in contact with the Italian authority in your country as soon as possible (deadline 24 July).
Students officially admitted to the Master’s Programme will need to contact an Italian diplomatic authority in their home country, in order to assemble all the documents needed to enroll and (for students outside Europe) submit a pre-enrollment application with the University of Pavia.
For more info see this link
Italian is not necessary for the course, as lectures and all related activities are in English. However, it would be advantageous to have some knowledge of Italian for your daily life in Italy.
6 ECTS in the English Language are required. Otherwise, it is enough to provide an international certification attesting a knowledge equal or higher than the B2 level of the Common European Framework (First Certificate in English). For example, a TOEFL certificate with an iBT total score of B2 level (87-109) or higher is considered equal to the level B2 of the Common European Framework
Throughout the application process, the upload of the following documents will be required:
- a scanned copy of your passport or identity card.
- a scan of you Bachelor degree transcript supplied by your university reporting the individual exams taken (or to be taken if still graduating) , relative marks and numbers of credits (or study hours) for each exam. If you have more than one degree, you may upload more than one transcript, each as a separate file.
- an excel file to be completed with all the exams from your transcript, divided and grouped according to the different subject areas specified in the file. Please download the excel file here
- a scan of the receipt of payment of an application fee of 35 euro. If paying by bank transfer, please make sure that payments are made so that the net amount received by the University is 35 euros. Please consider bank commissions.
- a scan of you CV translated in English.
- a scan of your English language certificate.
Study plan and further information are available at this link
MEFI students will improve their technical and scientific skills, and develop the ability to operate at an international level. Here are the main career opportunities offered by MEFI:
- experts in financial markets, able not only to actually trade in sophisticated financial assets but also to manage portfolios and financial strategies of banks, insurance companies and financial institutions, at both the national and international level;
- experts in strategic planning and regulation of markets, able to work in public regulation agencies, and in regulated firms, or firms belonging to production chains affected by competition and regulation;
- experts in international and development economics, able to work in international institutions, in public administrations, and in non-profit organisations committed to international cooperation.