|Study location||Italy, Pavia|
|Nominal duration||3 anni (180 ECTS)|
|Tuition fee||€4,500 per year
Tuition fee for non-EU students who enter Italy with a study visa is based on flat rate and depends on the citizenship.
|Application fee||€60 one-time|
High school / secondary education (or higher)
High-school diploma awarded after at least 12 years of documented education.
Access to the Degree Course in Tecniche di Laboratorio Biomedico (Abilitante alla Professione Sanitaria di Tecnico di Laboratorio Biomedico) has a national entry test requirement.
THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ARE INDICATED IN THE “ANNUAL ANNOUNCEMENT TO THE COURSE” WHICH WILL BE AVAILABLE BY JULY 15TH.
For further information please contact the Welcome Point
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: Italian.
Non-eu students residing abroad who would like to enroll in a study course completely taught in Italian, have to prove their knowledge of the language through an Italian language test.
The following are excluded from this obligation:
For further information, consult the Pavia Linguistic Center website .
The Degree Course aims to train Biomedical Laboratory Technician graduates who are competent in performing the technical procedures necessary for the execution of diagnostic methods on biological materials with professional autonomy.
Graduates must perform analytical and research activities related to biomedical and biotechnological analyses, and in particular related to Clinical Biochemistry, Microbiology and Virology, Pharmacotoxicology, Immunology, Clinical Pathology, Hematology, Cytology and Histopathology.
Graduates must be able to work in direct collaboration with the laboratory staff responsible for the various operations. Graduates will be responsible , for the proper fulfillment of the analytical procedures in the laboratory and work within protocols defined by the responsible managers. They must also: verify the correspondence of the services provided to indicators and standards set by the Head of the Structure; check the correct operation of the equipment in terms of ordinary maintenance and possible elimination of minor problems; participate in the planning and organization of work within the structure in which they operate; carry out their activities in public and private structures authorized according to current legislation; contribute to the training of support staff, and to updating their professional profile and research programs.
These objectives are pursued through a theoretical-practical training organized with lectures and traineeship activities under the guidance of tutors according to a set professional profile.
Study plan and further information are available at this link
Possible employment opportunities are the following:
- In the various specialist areas of hospitals and extra-hospital laboratories belonging to the National Health Service and similar private facilities and Scientific Institutes of Hospitalization and Care (IRCCS);
- In quality control laboratories in the biomedical field and the pharmaceutical industry;
- In laboratories of analysis and control of the Regional Agencies for the prevention and protection of the environment;
- In production industries and marketing agencies operating in laboratory diagnostics;
- In university and non-university research laboratories of the biomedical sector;
- In Experimental Zooprophylactic Institutes of the Regions for the prevention of diseases of animal origin for health and hygiene supervision of food control workers, also of animal origin.