|Study location||Italy, Pavia|
|Nominal duration||3 anni (180 ECTS)|
|Tuition fee||€4,500 per year
Tuition fee for non-EU students who enter Italy with a study visa is based on flat rate and depends on the citizenship.
High school / secondary education (or higher)
High-school diploma awarded after at least 12 years of documented education.
Access to the Degree Course in Scienze Biologiche has a local entry test requirement.
THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ARE INDICATED IN THE ANNUAL ANNOUNCEMENT TO THE COURSE .
For further information please contact the Welcome Point
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: Italian.
Non-eu students residing abroad who would like to enroll in a study course completely taught in Italian, have to prove their knowledge of the language through an Italian language test.
The following are excluded from this obligation:
For further information, consult the Pavia Linguistic Center website .
The present degree program in “Scienze biologiche” provides a training program that will give graduates adequate knowledge in the following areas of life sciences:
- Mathematical, chemical and physics skills- basic disciplines for all scientific degrees and particularly suitable for fostering the maturation of a scientific mentality in the student
- General biology skills that give graduates extensive knowledge (from the cell to the great ecosystems) of the biological world
- Molecular-cellular competences, since it is essential to combine general biological knowledge with a deep knowledge of the molecular mechanisms underlying the functioning of living organisms
- Human biology skills, in order to strengthen the osmosis between the biological worlds, which studies life in its most varied manifestations, and other cultural areas more specifically addressed to the study of man
Most courses are common to all students, there is the possibility to deepen knowledge through the inclusion of elective courses chosen from a list of proposals in ecological, environmental, biochemical-biomolecular and biomedical fields.
This Degree Course is above all intended for the continuation of studies in Master’s Degree courses. This does not exclude the possibility that the graduate, considering their solid basic preparation, can immediately enter the world of work.
Study plan and further information are available at this link
The Degree Course in Scienze Biologiche is aimed at providing a solid and complete technical and scientific basic preparation on the different aspects of the biological world.
The program represents the initial stage of a complete educational path in the biological field that can be pursued through access to a Master’s Degree.
The global training path optimally predisposes towards a continuation of studies in specific areas of Biological Sciences.
The completeness of the basic preparation given in the Biological Sciences course also allows the graduate to access the world of work by becoming a professional figure identified by the ISTAT classification and listed in the A2b framework for specific sectors of Biology.
Possible career opportunities for the graduate in Biological Sciences include:
- Research activities in biological, environmental and biomedical fields both in public and private laboratories;
- Laboratory activities within large industrial companies or small and medium-sized enterprises;
- Analyst activity in biomedical laboratories and environmental control.