|Study location||Italy, Pavia|
|Nominal duration||2 anni (120 ECTS)|
|Tuition fee||€3,500 per year
Tuition fee for non-EU students who enter Italy with a study visa is based on flat rate and depends on the citizenship.
|Application fee||€35 one-time|
Undergraduate diploma (or higher)
Terms, conditions and academic requirements to access the Degree Course are indicated at this link.
For further information please contact the Welcome Point
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: Italian.
Non-eu students residing abroad who would like to enroll in a study course completely taught in Italian, have to prove their knowledge of the language through an Italian language test.
The following are excluded from this obligation:
For further information, consult the Pavia Linguistic Center website .
Please attach the following documents during your application procedure:
The specialist degree in “Linguistica teorica, applicata e delle lingue moderne” aims to provide an in-depth knowledge of the various theoretical and methodological aspects of the analysis of language and natural languages in synchronic and diachronic perspectives, as well as the implications that such analysis can play in more general picture of cognitive, social and communication sciences.
Alongside the general training on the phonetic, morphological, syntactic, semantic and pragmatic analysis of natural languages, students are given the opportunity to acquire an in-depth preparation in the main fields of linguistic research, such as :
- Analysis of linguistic changes (with particular reference to Indo-European linguistics)
- Inter-linguistic comparisons (linguistic typology, contrastive linguistics)
- Sociolinguistics, computational linguistics (with particular reference to the creation and management of linguistic corpora)
- The learning and teaching of a second language, translation, and the linguistics and philology of specific languages or linguistic families
The training course also includes the study of one or more European languages and non-European languages that allow the acquisition of a capacity suitable to use for different communication activities and inter-linguistic and intercultural mediation as well as contexts of national and international sociolinguistics.
During the period of the specialization degree, study periods abroad are encouraged, within the framework of international exchanges. These exchanges may be eventually recognized in the final degree score.
Study plan and further information are available at this link
Among the possible professional opportunities offered, we list:
- Operators and consultants in the field of information technology and processing of linguistic databases either oral or written, journalism, industry and public or private administrative sectors;
- Operators and consultants in the field of translation (especially scientific and technical translations); lexicographers in companies creating dictionaries and online linguistic resources; consultants in technical languages;
- Operators and trainers in language teaching, multilingualism and multiculturalism, public and private contexts (schools, courts, public offices, social and health structures and businesses);
- Consultants at regional and provincial bodies in the protection of dialects, minority languages and immigrant languages;
- Operators and consultants in international relations and integration policies at European level institutions;
- Linguists and philologists;
- Teachers of secondary school, post-secondary and similar (following the successive paths set by the current legislation);
The Degree course also provides the basis for accessing PhD programs in linguistics, whose primary purpose is providing a highly qualified research activity.
First call closes on the 15th of January. For the next call consult the calendar in the news.